My family is planning to have a few days vacation either out of town or out of the country as our way of celebrating my youngest daughter’s 1st birthday. And since we will be traveling with my three kids ages 4, 3 and 1 year old, I worry about them getting motion sickness especially when we ride the plane or other mode of transportation.
MOTION SICKNESS happens when one’s sense of balance is affected. There’s a conflict between the eye and ear: the inner ears detect that the vehicle is moving, but the eyes – focused within the car or plane – do not. The brain gets adverse signals and nausea results.
- There is poor ventilation inside the vehicle
- Unpleasant odor inside the car. (air freshener specifically)
- She ate too much before we leave the house or
- She has an empty stomach
- She has the heightened level of anxiety or fear regarding our travel
Check out my freshly released e-passport which hubby picked up last May 07, 2010 at DFA with its new address at ASEANA Business Park, Bradco Avenue corner Macapagal Boulevard, Paranaque City Philippines (near SM Mall of Asia). With my busy work schedule and of course, with my various tasks from work, home and on the net, every minute counts. I couldn’t afford to spend another VL/SL just to acquire passports for me and the kids when we have no plans yet of leaving the country. But because hubby had been telling me months ago to get one I finally applied for it. Well, its gonna be a long story to tell so let me just enumerate the steps that I gone through before I finally got hold of my own E-passport.
- I visited DFA website and look for the E-passport Appointment System tab.
- In there, I was asked to input informations about myself and my three kids. If you are applying for your family, you can use the Family Application Form to help ensure that your appointment dates are all the same.
- After filling up the forms, you will be reminded of the requirements that you have to bring and if you have acquired all of it then you can choose an appointment date that is convenient for you.Wait for the possible slots to appear. Click the slot you want. If there are no slots for the date you chose, pick another date. Click Finish to submit your appointment and get your Reference Number.
- The Reference Number is the only thing you should remember when you go to DFA on the day of your appointment date. (It is advisable that you copy-paste it in word then print the date, time and reference number because once you exit the site, there will be no way to get back on your appointment details. They will not even send an e-mail about your appointment details). You can opt to print the actual form that you filled up but then it’s useless because you will be given the exact form when you go to DFA in person.
- After making an appointment online, you will just have to wait for your E-passport schedule. Remember to double check all your documents. By the way, you wouldn’t need any photo (Passport ID with blue background) because you will have your picture taken on the day of your appoinment using their own webcam.
- Upon arriving at the DFA, don’t fret if you see long lines of people along the gate. (Actually, that was my mom’s initial reaction). They are those people not yet informed about the new passport acquisition procedures wherein you cannot just “walk-in” the DFA and apply for a passport. You will have to make an appointment either on-line or through their telephone hotline.
- You must be at the DFA Consular Office 30 minutes before your scheduled time. Early/Late comers will not be entertained.
- Ask the guard for the gate assigned for those who have an appointment . Proceed to the Appointment System counter to retrieve your printed application form. Give your reference number and wait till the representative returns with your printed forms (these are the forms you filled up during your online application). It is different from the one you had printed (in case you printed it after your online application) because it has the date and time of your appointment unlike the one you have with you.
- You will have to wait in line and be attentive to the officer when they announced your scheduled time, because only by then will you be allowed to get in the lobby.
- Upon getting inside the lobby, get your queue number at the Information Counter and sit on the waiting section of the Processing Area. Wait for your queue number to appear on the monitor indicating what processing window you will go to. While you’re on your seat, you can then completely fill up your forms. (don’t make it hard for yourself filling it up while you are not yet been called to get inside the lobby, because you will be given ample time to fill it up inside)
- Look at their numbering system monitor and be aware of it. If your number was called and you missed it, you will have to get another number and you’re back to square one.
- Before I forgot, while you’re number is still on cue, be sure that you have a photo copy of your ID’s and other supporting documents because they will be asking it from you aside from the original ones.
- Once you are called and now in front of the representative’s window, they will ask for your requirements. Hand them to him/her and wait till they verify it. If your documents are complete, they will ask if you want it in a rush or just the regular processing. For rush passport which is 10 days, the rate is P1,200 while for the regular one (20 days) is P950.
- Get your receipt and proceed to the second floor for payment and data capturing.
- After you pay at the cashier, go to the data capturing personnel and asked for your cue number. Wait for your number to be called.
- If your number appears on the screen, proceed to your assigned booth and give your documents to the one in charge. He/she will verify it again and will ask to affix your signature by the use of a unique electronic-like pen as well as your thumbmarks.
- Get ready to have your picture taken. During the time I applied for my e-passport, there was no dress code imposed I’m not just sure now if they want your photo to look like the traditional way (with collars and dark color shirt).
- After your data and picture had been taken, get back your official receipt and it’s your choice if you want your E-passport to be delivered right at your doorstep or you will pick it up personally. If you want it delivered, leave the data capturing section and proceed to the courier’s booth on the same floor and that’s it!
- On your receipt, you will see the date and time of your E-passport release, keep it in mind in case you opt to pick it up personally. You can have a relative pick it up for you just make sure you have an authorization letter and ID’s. And that’s it. You will soon have your new and improved E-Passport.
How did you celebrate Mother’s Day? Hubby treated me and my mom (and of course with the kids) in this newly opened Chinese restaurant in SM Taytay. My eldest brother tagged along since he also had some stuff to buy in SM Department Store. We arrived at the mall just in time for lunch and as expected there were lots of customers waiting for available table. While we’re on cue, the hostess gave their menu and asked for our order. Their foods were somehow the same with Super Bowl and since hubby and I usually dine in there (Gateway Branch), he immediately chose the foods that we knew my mom and kids will like.
Before, the only family restaurant you can see in SM Taytay is Max’s and Pizza Hut. And people usually lined up in them but last Sunday, the crowd was divided. In Red Palace, I noticed that most of their customers were chinky-eyed like hubby. (Now what am I expecting, it is a Chinese Restaurant after all) Hubby tried to order a mug of beer for him and my brother but the waiter said that liquor ban was currently up because of the election. With his dismay (and with me and my mom’s delight), he opted to order a can of Coke instead.
After feasting on the food, we went up to the department store because hubby said he will buy shoes for our kids. He went straight to his favorite brand of shoes, Florsheim. As expected, it cost way too much for me and my mom but hubby insisted that price doesn’t matter as long as it is durable and can be use for a long period of time. Well, I couldn’t agree more with his statement, because our kids’ shoes are still in good condition up to now and the only time I get to store it in their boxes are when the shoes doesn’t fit anymore. Some of my Erin’s shoes are getting near to her little sister’s shoe size while with my son; some of his cousins are waiting for them.
Noticed my Cien? She struggled with her uncle and insisted on getting down the floor to walk. (Few months from now, we expect her to be running along with her siblings by then).
edited today, 05/24/2010. thanks to J for the correction=)
Guess that’s the latest trend this school year instead of the traditional lunch kits that we knew however we’re both sure that malls still have those kinds.
There were lots of nice shirts for him but as usual he made so many side comments with regards to its materials, its designs etc. Actually, I’m used to it and the bottomline is, he don’t want to buy any of them because they are not original or that they don’t have a brand, and will just buy from the mall. hayzz..
- you’ll get big discounts if you buy goods in bulk
- vendors pay less for their sales lady unlike those who are inside the malls
- their items came directly from their suppliers
- some of the goodies are just brand imitations
- the competition is tough since vendors have similar products to offer side by side