Who wants to age in today’s world? How many times have you seen those celebrities in fashion magazines and think about why they never age? To age gracefully and look young requires you to stick to a few habits: daily exercise, beauty sleep, and proper skin care regimen.
But all above that, the more important thing is what you put inside your body.
Yes, we are discussing your diet.
By opting for a healthy diet, you’ll nourish your body and brain along with your skin, your hair, and your overall physical appearance. Even researchers have concluded that eating fruits and veggies is the safest and healthiest way to fight against the dull complexion and fine lines.
Beautiful glowing skin starts with what we eat and for that, we have put together a list of ten best anti-aging food to delay your aging process.
1. Watercress: It acts as an internal skin antiseptic and increases the circulation and delivery of minerals to all cells of the body. It is rich in calcium, potassium and vitamin A, C, B-1, and B-2 . It helps in neutralizing harmful free radicals and keeps fine lines and wrinkles away.
2. Nuts: No matter which nut you choose, they all are anti-aging heroes because of their cholesterol-lowering and anti-inflammatory effect. Many nuts, especially almonds, are a great source of vitamin E which helps in repairing skin tissues and retaining skin moisture. Walnuts contain anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acid that protects against sun damaging effect. It also helps in preserving natural oil of the skin and give strength to the skin cell membrane.
3. Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate can definitely be a part of your anti-aging diet. Dark chocolate is loaded with flavanols which benefits your skin by increasing the blood flow. It also absorbs the UV rays and protects your skin from the damaging effect of the sun. Furthermore, a study has found that consuming dark chocolate prevents wrinkles and maintains skin elasticity and hydration levels.
4. Lemon and lime: If you are looking for a perfect guide to get rid of wrinkles and slow down the aging, lemons and limes are a great start. Increasing the intake of Vitamin C in your diet reduces wrinkles and enhances dull skin. They also contain flavonoids that are good for the skin.
5. Sweet potato: The sweet potato is a rich source of vitamin A. It may help in restoring skin elasticity and promoting skin cell production. It banishes the fine lines and wrinkles which ultimately contributes to soft and younger-looking skin. A good source of vitamins C and it protects your skin and keeps your complexion radiant.
6. Papaya: There is an enzyme found in papaya called Papain, which is actually found in a lot of anti-aging products. It assists your body in shedding dead cells. Along with this, it is rich in a variety of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that help to improve skin elasticity and minimize the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
7. Cooked tomato: Tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant which protects your skin from damage. Moreover, it has an anti-inflammatory effect on the human skin and has flavonoids which slow down the process of aging.
8. Turmeric: This one potent spice helps in fighting cell damage, chronic disease, and anti-aging. It contains curcumin that can slow down oxidative damage and low-grade inflammation that contribute to aging.
9. Spinach: For even more ways to renew your aging skin, start adding spinach to your diet. It is very hydrating and has antioxidants which oxygenate your body. Spinach is also a source of magnesium, iron, and vitamins C, A, and K. It improves skin elasticity and protects from sun damage.
10. Pomegranate seeds: It is a source of vitamin C and have different potent antioxidants, which protect your body from harmful free radical and reduce the inflammation. It also contains punicalagin, a compound which preserves the collagen in your skin.
Along with a diet, you also need to opt for some skincare routine. There are some skin care tips from Siorai which you can follow to take care of your skin in the best way. Skincare routine can do wonders for your skin’s health and as time goes by, it will surely make you age gracefully.
This is not a fountain of youth, but these bites will help you look great anyway. It’s time to slow down your aging and glow within!