Are you the kind of person who just cannot resist gazing at a tastefully designed room? Do you feel like implementing all the home decor ideas in your mind, but stop yourself considering the expenses? Fret not, because you can invest wisely on home decor if you follow some simple tips.
If you reside in a rented apartment, spending lavishly on buying expensive stuff to decorate your home is a mere absurdity. Instead, choosing only the essential items for your house will help you avoid burning a hole in your pocket and also get you all that you need. For example, if you love to have trendy and fancy furniture at home, the best way to go about it would be investing on customizable furniture that saves you a lot of money as you can use the same piece for various purposes.
It is good to be practical and innovative when selecting stuff for your home since most of the items you purchase instinctively may not be put to use on a regular basis. For example, buying a crystal chandelier just because you feel it is classy may not work for you. Why? Because you may have put the chandelier in the wrong room or you have bought the wrong size. So it is better to understand which type of furniture is right for you before you shell out money.
Decorate your house in a minimal budget
Numerous home decor firms that have mushroomed online and offline offer enticing discounts on their products which sadly display copy-pasted designs of some high-end interior designing companies and not their original work. If you fall for such offers and buy stuff from these shops, more often than not you only end up getting items that will make your house look gaudy. So, follow these simple, easy steps to decorate your home at a minimal price:
- Opt for simple artwork: A huge painting is a strict no-no for a small house. Add two or three small paintings or photo frames to keep the wall decluttered. Small potted plants on the coffee table also add value.
- Avoid oversized furniture: Do not overstuff the rooms with furniture. Remember, you need some walking space, else you will bump on a chair or table at every step! A simple sofa, medium-sized coffee table, and one or two Ottoman stools should be good for cozy, comfortable drawing room. Do not fall for king-sized and queen-sized furniture.
- Space matters: You need to have some empty space in the room. Whether a floor or a wall, adding too many articles gives a gaudy or dull look to it. Empty spaces make the house seem big and well-ventilated. Else, you might end up feeling claustrophobic in your own space.
- Choose pleasing colors: Be it furniture or the wall color, choose subtle shades that please the eyes. Bright shades may not always compliment your house.
You can visit https://www.vegadirect.ca/furniture to get tried and tested home décor ideas that are in trend now:
Current trends in home decor
If you wish to be creative and not go by the old style of decorating your house with lots of wall hangings, a separate showcase shelf, and other obsolete ideas, follow these currently trending ideas for great results:
- Word art on the wall: Inscribing an inspirational thought on the wall is a trending idea. Opt for this if you are not keen about wall hangings, plates, or photo frames.
- Closed cabin kitchens: If you do not like lofts in the rooms, go for a closed cabin kitchen which stuffs your cutlery as well as all the unwanted things that usually clutter the house.
- Add a hand touch: Handmade things can never fail in adding charm your house. You become innovative and pursue your hobby at the same time. Handmade pots, craft work, paintings, etc., can be a great add-on to your house.
Thus, to decorate your house tastefully, you need to focus on removing the clutter and add things that improve the looks and feel of the house. Expensive furniture may or may not do the trick, but creative art and craft work can add the much-required charm to the room. Empty spaces are essential as they make the room look clean and compact. Similarly, pleasing shades of accessories and wall paint add warmth to the house and make it look livable. Taking care these small things can give amazing results.